Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Wedding Crashers

This past weekend was definitely an eventful one. Friday night, my boyfriend Todd and I went to my friend Jodi's wedding. It was a nice wedding, although we ended up missing the ceremony! The wedding took place in Sturbridge at the Public House at 6pm. If you live in Boston, and you're trying to get to Sturbidge mass, which is a good 50 minutes from the city, you need to have left a lot earlier than we did. I left work at 4 and it took me 45 minutes to pick Todd up from work, when it would normally take about 20 minutes without traffic. There was traffic on the mass pike every few miles. We were about 10 minutes away when we nearly ran out of gas, so that took up a little more time. But ieven if we hadn't stopped for gas, we still would have been late. Todd kept on saying, "they're not going to start on time - there's no way. They'll have a 'cocktail hour' for a few minutes to give time for those coming from a distance" I was hoping he'd be right. As soon as we got there, the woman at the from door asked us if we were there for the wedding. Assuming there was only one taking place, I said yes. She then told us where to go but to open the door quietly. It was then that I realized it had already started. When we got to tthe door to the ceremony, not only had it started, but we had missed it completely! At first, I saw the back of the bride and thought there might be a chance that we were just catching her going down the aisle. But after walking in, and seeing the wedding party and guests following her, I realized they were heading back doen the aisle. I have never missed a ceremony before and I have to say it was quite odd, especially when I didn't know anyone but the bride and had only met her now husband once about 2 years ago. I felt like I was crashing a wedding! We waited in line for our place cards and proceeded to the open bar where we got our drinks. It was a while until we were seated since the newlyweds were having their pictures taken. My friend is not one to enjoy being the center of attention, so when they were announced as the new "mr. & mrs", they danced to their song for about 30 seconds and everyone else was asked to join them. Dinner was eventually served and we must have sat out tables for a good hour or so afterwards. They DJ was not doing the best job getting everyone on the dance floor. My friend came over to me and asked what she had to do to get everyone on the dance floor! I told her she had to grab some friends and start dancing, which is what we did. We danced for about an hour and then todd and I decided we had had enough, and it was time to leave. Afterall, we had a 45 minute drive ahead of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home