Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Movie Correction

I wanted to make a correction. In my Old School Movies blog, I stated that I was about to receive United 93 from Netflix. I was mistaken when I added that movie to my queue as Flight 93 is the made-for-tv movie and not the movie that was in the theaters, which is United 93. We did watch Flight 93, and although I'm not exaclty sure what difference is, maybe it's a bit more graphic? I'm not too sure what the difference is, since it was originally what I thought I was getting in the first place. Flight 93 was very emotional, not quite as emotional as the day it actually happened, but it brought back a lot of memories from that day. I was not personally affected by the 9/11 tragedies, but I know people who were. A good friend of mine from high school, her father was in the 2nd tower that day. He didn't normally work there, but he was there for a business meeting, and while everyone was scurrying around, trying to find a way to get out, he stayed back to help others. He never made it out. His wallet was found about a year later, with all of the contents still inside. My father used to travel for work, and his travel agent was doing a little traveling himself that day of 9/11. He had left my dad a message on his cell phone, while waiting for his flight to board. The message stated that he was waiting for his early morning flight to California to baord and that he would get in touch with him when got back. My dad got the message shortly after he knew his flight was one to crash into the tower. He didn't delete the message for some time.
As I watched the movie, with a box of tissues by my side, I tried to think of how it would have felt, knowing that I was going to die, in the way that I was going to die. What do you tell a loved one during your final conversation with them? You obviously tell them how much you love them. And in the end, you know it's going to be much harder for them than it is for you. The emotions are indescribable. I sat on the couch crying, not believing how the terrorist's could take such innocent people's lives... just like that. For no reason at all. One of the passengers was running late for the flight, justmaking it. Another called her huband, after putting "What to Expect When Your Expecting" down, to tell him she was able to catch an earlier flight and that she'd call him when she got to California. Her husband was sleeping and missed the call. Some people had to leave messages on machines, and others were able to have final conversations. The fact that the passengers were able to come up with a plan to crash the plane into a random field was truly amazing.
Anyway, it's an extremely emotional movie, I think I'll wait for World Trade Center to come out on DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home