Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Pahk the cah in the hahvid yahd

Sometimes I forget just how close I am to Cambridge. In particularly, Harvard Square. It's really only about 15 minutes from where I live, maybe even 10 minutes if you go the back roads. The only bad thing about going to Harvard Square is the parking situation. It can be really tough at night and on the weekends. When you get there, you can drive around for a while looking for a parking space, even if where you are going, you'll only be in that place for 5 minutes. I've actually left and gone back home after driving around looking for a space - it can be really frustrating.

I was just there last week to meet up with my boyfriend Todd and his friend Marty (or Martin, if you will). I was supposed to meet them at 7:45, but by the time I found a parking space, I was about 20 minutes late. Todd and Marty were very understanding and I'm sure they had a chance to catch up while waiting for me to arrive. We were going to have dinner at the Border Cafe, but there was a 45 minute wait and we were hungry! We walked next door to Fire & Ice. For those who have never been there, it's an all-you-can-it restaurant. They have different stations to fill a small bowl. You take a bowl, you can fill it up everything from meat, seafood, veggies, pasta and more - all raw, and then you bring it to the grill that is in the center of the restaurant and watch them cook your meal. For those who are vegetarians, like myself, all ou have to do is bring your bowl filled with whatever you desire and then when it's your turn, you can tell the cook that you're a vegetarian and they will cook it in the back where there is a no-meat grill, just for you.

Todd and Marty had a lot to talk about because they both went to school together. Marty and I had a lot to talk about because we both have blogs. We all had a lot of fun talking about a little bit of everything and joking about when would make it on our blogs. We talked about how when you stop to let someone in while driving, and they don't say thank you, that it reminds us why we don't do it inthe first place. Sometimes people just don't appreciate it. We also talked about Marty's new glasses and how he's still not 100% sure that he'll keep his frame-less glasses. I thought they were pretty cool. So, I guess the places you go or the things you see can definitely give you all sorts of crazy idea's for a blog entry.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fyi, if you want people reading your entries, don't mix darkblue background and black text. I caught a headache trying to read it. :]

/Martin

http://bull3n.blogg.se

2/18/2008 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home