Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Crashing Computers

Ok - So, I know I'm not the only one in the world who has had their computer crash on them before. It happens and boy does it suck! A few months ago, my computer at work crashed on me and I literally couldn't do anything at my desk without it. My job is my computer, unfortunately and so I was forced to bother my co-workers until the problem was fixed. I ended up losing everything, but only temporarily - thank god! I now have a habit of saving everything to the "community" folder which can basically be accessed by any employee. I had to choose what I saved, wisely.

Well, it happened again. This time, it happened to my computer at home. This time, I lost everything, permanently. I took my computer to CompUSA and they erased my hard drive.I know the things I lost, which is a horrible feeling, but I'm OK with losing the things I know are gone. It's the rest of everything, like pictures, songs, and other things that I've lost that I know I would have kept, had I known this would happen. Now, there's a slight chance that this happened because my Norton Anitvirus has expired and I didn't re-activate it until about a month ago. I probably got a virus from an e-mail or from known source that I was unaware of. I guess the only good thing about this crash is that my computer works much faster! Although, I would have preferred to have saved everything to a disk to have everything. I'm now tempted to go out and buy a CD burner for my computer. Thank goodness for Snapfish.com - most of my pictures are on there.

The moral of this story? Always have Norton Anti-Virus on your computer!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home