Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

My apologies Dr.King, I didn't mean to disrespect you.

In my most recent birthday post, I stated that I usually share a birthday with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I think I came off as kind of greedy, wanting my own birthday. I think having a birthday so close to MLK, Jr is pretty cool, and hey, if it weren't for him, I'd have to work on every birthday! Not only was he a great achiever, but he was a role model and one that I am proud to share a birthday with, when it does fall on my actual birthday. Birthday's in general for me are just ok. I spent it with some great people that made it a special day. I think it's the one day that goes by the fastest because it's your day, but it's only 1 day. You get whatever you want (within reason of course), people give you cards and presents and although you don't actually feel any older (sometimes), whether you look it or not, it's a day to look forward to. Plus, it's one thing to share a birthday with a family member, but to share it with a celebrity, it's not all that bad.

So, thank you to my commenters (if that's even a word!) for making me realize that sharing a birthday with the King, aint all that bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home