Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Please, no more cavities!

I'm on a roll and I think I'm doing well so far, sticking to my blog resolution.

I went to the dentist today, one of my least favorite places to go, but I guess if I want a toothache to go away, it's the place to go. The last time that I went to the dentist, I thought I was going to have a root canal, but my dentist managed to fix the problem. This time it wasn't much of an issue. However, I don't seem to hold novacaine very well, or at least I should say it doesn't last very long. I had to have a few shots tonight and it still wore off before my dentist was done. I don't know if any of you have felt a cavity being filled when Novacaine wears off, but it hurts!! I try to hold it out as much as I can, but why should I be in pain if I know that all it takes is a small shot and I won't feel anything? I just wish it lasted longer.

My brother on the other hand, he's 37 and he's going to the same dentist tomorrow for the first time in about 4 years. 4 years!!! I think I went about a year in between dentists, and I thought that was a long time!! He's not a fan of pain (who is!?) and will be sedated during his cleaning. Being the younger sister and not needing to be sedated, I felt the need to poke a little fun at him, through my mother of course. As much as I was tortured when I was little by my 2 older brothers when I was little, I still feel like I should be the bigger person in this situation, and just wish my brother good luck and of course have our mother hold his hand during the process. In all seriousness, I know some people need to take medication to ease their nerves, which is fine if you're going to have a cavity filled or other major work done. But I have to say, I dont think I've heard of anyone having to be sedated during a cleaning. Good luck big bro!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home