Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

You call this Winter?

My blog resolution was or is to post something every day. I was a little lazy towards the end of 2006, and whether it's something really small or something news or blog-worthy, I'm hoping to post something at least daily , if not, every other day. So, here it goes, my first post of 2007 and I think I will just mention the weather for a moment. How unusually warm it's been for a winter in Boston. Most other winters by now, we would have already had at least a couple of inches on the ground, maybe more. No, not this winter. December was officially the warmest we've had in history! Today is Inauguartion day for Deval Patrick and he will not only be the first black Govenor for the state of Massachusetts, but he is also the first Govenor-elect to hold his inauguration outdoors. I'm sure people thought he was a little crazy to hold his inauguration outdoors in the beginning of January, and if anyone ever had a thought in their minds that today, which has been scheduled for weeks, would be in the mid to upper 50's, we'd call them crazy. He's definitely making history, in more ways than one! The weather forecasters predict warmer than normal temperatures at least until Sunday, and even after that, who knows... it might reach 80! It's happened before in January in Boston.
Who I feel most badly for with this warm weather are the skiers and the mountains. There are a lit of skiers in New England and by now, I'm sure mountain made snow is probably not enough for the amount of snow they need. I'm sure they never thought business would be this slow. Sure, we've had winters that haven't exactly been filled with snow, but this is rediculous. I'm not one for huge snow storms (especially since I live in Boston.. and if you live in a city where street parking is bad enough when there's no snow on the ground, let alone a foot of snow, you kind of hope the snow stays away!) But in this case, those mountains are really hurting, and there's nothing anyone can do, but pray, pray for a good storm to make winter, actually feel like winter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home