Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

You say it's your birthday!?

Okay, I'm a day late this week. Almost every long weekend flies by for me. I don't know if it's because I'm normally in the Berkshire's for long weekends or if I'm usually just busier on long weekends, but this past MLK weekend was actually a long weekend for me. The extra day really felt like an extra day. I didn't need an extra day to get things done, but it was certainly nice to have it. It sort of felt like a freebie since I didn't have any plans. It was nice. I slept in nice and late, had dinner with todd and his sister Lori at Not Your Average Joe's, which I must give full props to. That place is really good. Like most restaurants, they give you bread, but Joe's gives you a focacia bread with a parmesan, garlic & oil dipping sauce which is eventually going to be the main reason I like going so much. My dad had given Todd and I a gift card that someone had given him and since he knew that Todd and I would have more use for it, we used it. Yesterday was our second time going and we used enough of the gift card to have a little left over for the possibility of going there for dessert one day or night. We'll see though.
Also, if you know me well, I'm not one to gloat about birthdays. I, unlike most people, don't really care much about them. I think it's because I hate to get older. Especially once you hit 30, they're just not that exciting. I have spent most of my birthday's sharing them with Dr. Martin Luther King, which falls on a Monday. Yesterday, however, was the first time in about 3 years that I had to work on my birthday. But I do have to say, that I like to have my own birthday every once in a while (yes, I know there are plenty of others who share the same birthday!) Although Martin Luther King's birthday is actually January 15th, it has fallen on the 16th every few years. We went out with my best friend and her husband to a place in Cambridge called The B-Side Lounge, which we saw on The Phantom Gourmet on Saturday. They have a "B-Side" dish which is salted french fries with blue cheese dressing on top. We ordered some and wanted more since they were so good! I'd go back just for the fries! We like to try new things, but unfortuately it doesn't happen very often. But now that I have a new car with a navigation system, we don't have to worry about getting lost!

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Belated happy birthday! It's not so bad to share your birthday with someone named Martin. After all, Prince does, and you don't hear him complaining. :-)

1/17/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Belated Happy Birthday. Its really nice to share one's birthday with people who have done great things in life.Just feels good to share the stage with achievers every once in a while.
Drop into my blog for some fun gift ideas.

1/17/2007 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home