Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The anything and everything website... for free.

I don't know if many people out there have ever heard of or used Craigslist before, but I have to say, speaking from past and present experiences - it's a great idea! If you've never heard of Craigslist, it's a free website which is used for many different things. You can buy and or sell stuff or give stuff away. You can find a job and or offer a job, there's a section for personals, just about anything you want or need is on this FREE website. Most states (not all) have found this website. My dad posted an ad for a blackberry he no longer needed about 2 weeks ago. Instead of putting in a drawer and letting it collect dust, he put an ad on Craigslist with the amount of money he was looking or hoping to get for it and within an hour, someone had replied to his post, they arranged a time for pick up and the deal was done. Just like that.

I just recently posted an ad for some furniture and since posting it on Sunday, I have gotten about 10 responses. It's not always easy or convenient e-mailing with whoever is the most interested and trying to arrange a time to see the product, but in the end, when all is said and done, it's amazing how quickly it happens. Plus, you want to give people time if they are interested to come and see the product. My rule is, if I don't hear back from someone within 24 hours, I will move to the next person who is interested. I figured if someone really wants something, they will act quickly. So, if you ever need to buy, sell, look for a job, and maybe find love, Craigslist is the place to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home