Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A Wedding Weekend



So, my friend from high school was married on Saturday to a guy who she met at Cleary's Bar in Boston. I might just have to toot my own horn and say that if it had not been for me, they never would have met. Usually, my friend is the one to drag me out to the bars, but 4 years ago, on a Saturday night in February, I was the one to convince my friend to go out. That night, she met her now Husband. The wedding took place at the State Room on Saturday night. It was a very small, but formal event that took place until around 12:30am. The dance floor was full until the band had to go home and I'm pretty sure everyone had a great time, especially with an open bar! The cocktail hour after the ceremony included a few raw bars, seafood hors devour's and a martini bar. The martini bar offered 4 different types of flavors. Mango, Strawberry, white chocolate and another one I can't seem to remember! They had 4 tall, rectangular ice sculptures that had a martini glass and the fruit of each flavor inside the block of ice. I have to say it was pretty cool! The band that played rocked the house - they had everyone on the dance floor the entire night! My head hit the pillow around 2 am and I was out like a light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home