Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Sunday, October 15, 2006

My first pumpkin... of the year.

It's offically fall, and Halloween is officially just around the corner. I usually wait to get my first pumpkin closer to the end of October. I don't know why, but I always feel like if I get it too early that I'm accepting the colder weather and the end of the year and little faster. But this year, there aren't a lot of pumkins. Due to the amount of rain we had this Spring, there just aren't as many pumpkins. Which is why I felt like I needed to get one before they were all gone. Todd and I ran some errands... first we stopped at Star Market on Rt.9 to bring some coins to the coinstar. I had never done that before, I was must say that I was entrigued. Unless you are turning your change into a "gift card" only to be used at the grocery store, coinstar takes about 10% of your total and gives you back the rest. Although we didn't quite agree with that, we continued to pour our change into the machine. After turning the change into dollars, we went and took Todd's car for an oil change at Valvoline. After that, we went to a church in Needham where they were selling pumpkins on their lawn. There wasn't a sign saying they were raising money for anything, and until we asked one of the volunteers, we weren't even sure the pumpkins were for sale. They were unloading a huge truck full of all different sizes and shapes of pumpkins. So, Todd and I walked around to all the different piles and found 2 large one's that we liked. We took them home, carved them, took out all of the seeds and toasted them. I have to say that I really look forward to making and eating pumpkin seeds. I think that I really like them and can't wait to have them because you can only make them once a year. And as gross and messy as it is to carve a pumkpin and clean it out, as well as the seeds, it's totally worth it in the end. Mmmm, pumpkins seeds. So tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home