Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thanks for your hard work...

Today was certainly an adventure. My dept at work went to F-1 today - it was a "thank-you" from them for all of our hard work throughout the year. F-1 is short for Formula One, which is a race track. I had never been there before but I had heard from others that it was really fun. When we got there, we had a catered lunch, which was actually pretty good. We had a variety of pizza's to choose from, a giant caesar salad, a pasta dish, chicken dish and meatball dish. We had bottomless glasses of soda and water, coffee and tea with chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies. Everything was really good. We then were inructed on the "rules" of the game. Let me just say that I was pretty lost from th beginning. There are a number of different flags and they all mean something different. But when you're out there on the track, you sort of forget what they mean. There are so many things to be focused on between making sure you don't turn your race car into a bumper car or crashing into the walls that when they wave those flags, it sort of makes you panic. After the rules were explained, we made our way down to the room filled with the "gear" we needed to put on. We had to put on a racing suit, helmet, neck brace, and black head sock (we looked like we were going to rob a bank!) It was pretty cool, but nerve wracking as well. We got into the race cars that made our brains shake from the vibration and waited for our green "go" flag to be waved. Lucky for me, I was the first car and since I had no idea what I was doing, I went pretty slow at first. After we were cleared to go, off we all went. All I can say is that if my car can turn corners the way these race cars did, without the risk of tipping over, it would make driving a little more fun! In the end when we were done with our 15 laps, I came in 8th place. That's 8th place out of 10. When you're out there, you have no idea where you stand in the race, so you don't know if you need to go faster or if you can the same pace. But I'm fine with being in the place I came in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home