Sara's Sentiments

Random thoughts of yesterday,today and tomorrow...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Why can't every weekend be in the 70's with crystal clear, blue skies? This past long, holiday weekend couldn't have been more perfect. It's a little rare for it to be as nice as it was this past Columbus Day weekend. Usually, October means cold, crisp temperatures, but not this past weekend. It was between 70 and 80 all weekend long. Great Apple Picking weather, and even better weather to go for a walk, which Todd and I did. We went for a walk around the Reservoir in Cleveland Circle. There were people running, people walking their dogs, people sitting on the benches, and people like Todd and I who just went for a casual walk. The distance from start to finish (start meaning from wherever you decide to enter the reservoir) is about a mile, so it took about an hour. After our walk, I was pooped since I had been sneazing most of the walk, and I think I was coming down with a cold or allergies. So,I took a short nap and then we went for lunch at Friendly's in Watertown. I think I would have to say that I agree with todd when he that that Friendly's does not exactly have the best service. I think for the most part, wait staff in general are never at your table when you need them - they only stop by to make sure everything is ok when you don't need them, especially when you have food in your mouth and you can't complain! After having lunch, I really started to feel crummy, so we went to CVS to buy some allergy medicine, b/c I was certain I had allergies. I took a Benedryl and at 2:30, I woke up, feeling worse than I did when I went to bed and not only did I realize the Benedryl had worn off, but what I had was no allergies. I had a sinus infection. I'm not sure if you have ever had one, but these are not fun. Luckily it turned into a cold in less than 24 hours - boy was that painful. I didn't even need a doctor to confirm this, I knew what it was because I have had one before. I also double checked WebMd to make sure that I was diagnosing myself correctly. The pressure is uncomfortable and It won't go away on it's own. But the Benedryl has been working well, especially helping me sleep at night, which I wouldn't be had I not taken it. I absolutely hate being sick. I mean, I'm not sure that anyone really likes being sick, but I really don't like it. Especially when it's not quite bad enough to use a sick day, but you know you'll be miserable at work. Besides, who wants to be around you at work if you're sick? I don't even want to be around myself! I ended up calling in on Tuesday, but only for a few hours. Instead of going in at 8, I went in at 11, worked until 2 and then we had an outing for work, which I couldn't have been less happy about, but I had to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home